Introductory walk visiting monkey island and see cayman at night
Day 1.- Reception at the airport or bus station and transfer to our office to receive information about the route. Transfer to the port where you take the boat for an hour to our ecolodge.
After settling in our bungalows, we will see how an introductory jungle walk for two hours in the dense tropical forest of Tambopata, guided by a local expert guide who will help you see a variety of trees that can be more than five hundred years old.
During this time, you can see some species of wild animals such as toucans, orioles, parrots, monkeys, snakes, butterflies, etc. You will have the opportunity to experience the magic of our Amazon rainforest within the Tambopata National Reserve (278,000 hectares protected under Peruvian law).
After lunch, we will visit the Isla de los Monos (Monkey island) located in front of our lodge through the Madre de Dios River, in this place there are different species of monkeys, such as the brown capuchin, the squirrel monkey all of them on the island, after the activity we will return to the Jungle lodge.
At night, we will look for alligators, they are usually on the banks of the Madre de Dios River. This time you will have to bring a flashlight since this activity takes place in the darkness of the night.
On this tour with some luck we can see the largest family in the world that is the Peruvian guinea pig family; Then return to the lodge, dinner and overnight at the lodge.
Hike and Canoe ride on Sandoval Lake
Day 2.- Before breakfast early, we will make a short boat trip to the entrance of Lake Sandoval, then we will check in at the control point, taking a 3-kilometer (2-mile) walk to Lake Sandoval.
After a pleasant interpretive walk in the nature reserve, the wildlife guides (Hoatzin, puma heron, eagles, howler monkeys, black capuchins and black alligators).
In our Canoe ride, it is possible to observe in the giant otter family of the river (which is in danger of extinction) and in the largest caiman, with more than 4 meters long, return to the lodge to enjoy a typical lunch.
After lunch, there are some hours to rest or use the pool, before nightfall we will do a night walk around the ecolodge to see nocturnal creatures.
With the security of the case and using flashlights to find diversity of insects and with some luck some snakes, then we will return to the ecolodge for our dinner and rest.
35 mts high, Canopy pending bridge and 300 meters Zip line glide
Very early in the morning we wake up around 5:00 in the morning to see the Amazon rain forest Tambopata from a different perspective, 30 meters high, the bridges allow us to appreciate the jungle from the air.
After breakfast, return to the city of Puerto Maldonado, ready for transfer to the airport or hotel.
Questions & Answers
What time does this tour depart from Puerto Maldonado and arrive back in?
Arriving by bus?
- For people arriving by bus we start at 8:30 a.m departing from our office in Puerto Maldonado
Arriving by Plane?
- The first plane arriving to Puerto Maldonado is around 10:00 am and the last plane arrives at 4 p.m , so our first group will start the tour around 11:20
- For peope arriving later than 12:00 pm we will start tour around 1:00 p.m, for LATAM airlines arriving at 4:00 p.m we will start thetour as soon as posible
Already in Puerto Maldonado?
- For people that are already in a hotel the pick up will be around 8:00 a.m and start tour at 8:30 a.m approximately
What to bring for a 3 days jungle tour?
Amazon Rainforest suggested list excursion
- 1 Backpack rain cove
- Mesh laundry bag
- Toiletry bag with hygiene essentials
- one quart largemouth water bottles (we will provide you with water so you can refill it any time)
- Small headlamp with a L.E.D. bulb & extra batteries
- 1 pair or water shoes ( We will provide you with rubber boots at Jungle Lodge)
- Chaco o Teva type sandals
- 2 bottle of DEET bug repellent
- 1 bottle of sun screen (waterproof)
- 3 pairs of socks
- 3 pairs of underwear
- 1 bathing suits
- 1 shorts
- 1 rain jacket or plastic poncho
- 1 long sleeve shirts
- 3 short sleeve shirts
- 1 sweatshirts or sweaters
- wide brim hat
Pocket size English/Spanish dictionary
Guide book for Peru (lonely planet, rough guide, or similar) At least 1 novel to read
- 1 set Gore-Tex (or similar waterproof breathable material) pants and jacket storm gear
- Watch with alarm
- snorkel, fins, mask
- approach or summer hiking boot
- digital camera
Useful things to know before you go
- S/. Sol
- $/. Dollar
There are no vaccines required to enter Peru. If you decide to take medicines. These are suggested indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel.
- For HEPATITIS B
Recommended for Peru. Normally 2 months before travel.
- For RABIES
Recommended for Peru. Normally 1 month before travel.
- For YELLOW FEVER
Recommended for Peru. Normally 10 days before travel.
- Depending on the accommodation in the jungle, electricity hours are limited during the day, most hotels offer several hours in the evening, usually until 10 pm, allowing travelers to charge their personal items.